NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, well today is Sunday and I just got back from church so I must confess, my very first mahi was only 24 inches. This fish was a double hooker that took my bait and Dennis's at the same time. Makes for a better picture don't you think? We both reeled him in at the same time. It was 42 inches and weighed around 17 lbs.
Gery

·
Registered
464 Posts
Beautiful fish! Glad I got a chance to meet and fish with you! I had a blast! and I caught my first Mahi as well!

Im loading my pics now. and will post them in here and when dave posts his I'll put them in there aswell. Wish I could have taken more pics. Maybe next time I'll bring my underwater camera and we'll be set.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hey guys, report coming,, I'm uploading pix as we speak.
Finished cleanin up at 12:15 last night and got back up to get the boat back in order...
Let's just say there was blood just about every square inch on the boat!!! :)

Pix and report coming.. stay tuned! :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I couldn't be there to help you clean all that blood off the boat Dave, and it sure is a shame to have to pull it so far on the highway:rolleyes: soooo next time you come you can just park her in my yard and I'll take good care of her:D She's a sweetie!
Gery

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Gery, thanx for the nice comments about the boat, agreed, she's been a great vessel and I'm kinda sad I have to sell her.. but she sure does what she supposed to and that's fish offshore. I pinch myself every time I take her out trust me! ;)

Ah,, dont worry 'bout that... in my own sick way,, I kinda enjoy cleanin all that up... let's me replay the trip in my mind. Had a great time, I'm excited I could help in your first capture of a mahi!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.