NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Corey Allain and I am the owner of Castaway Fishing Supply in Smithfield, NC. This is my first time on NC Angler and am looking forward to sharing fishing reports, tips, tactics and info on new products etc...
Thanks
Corey

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hi Corey,

Welcome to this neat board Corey. Its very informative and we have a bunch of nice people here.

Can you tell us where in the Smithfield area one might put a Jon boat in for some good fishing?

Thanks...Jim

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sounds like a stop I'll have to make! Best of luck to you!!! Word to the wise...
Sell "GULP" cheap....and they will come.... LOL!!!

Reactions: R4ED

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome Corey, I'll try to you down there in the next few days to check out your store.:D

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard Corey, we are glad to have you! We look forward to your wealth of fishing knowledge being shared here on the best fishing site in NC!

After you get to know us, you might want to consider a Angler Sponsor membership - then you can display a banner ad on your posts for your store and even get away with mentioning a sale or two from time to time. We have a lot of guys on this site that have a tackle monkey on their backs (yours truly included).

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Corey, All of my mother's ancestors were from Johnston County. They are all gone now but I have fond memories of the place. I believe they all liked to fish though. Every one of the ones I knew took me fishing at some time or another when I was a kid. There is something to be said for that. Maybe it had something to do with 2 or 3 generations being raised on Stone Creek. Whatever the case they all were into fishing! I hope you find plenty of dedicated fish'n folks there in Smithfield.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome Corey! Another good excuse to trick my wife into going to the Selma outlets.

Looking forward to visiting your shop.

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Just signed up to be a sponsor so look for our banner soon! Good fishin.
Good Move Corey!
(except that a bunch of us could show up at your door one day - might be good to announce your shoes/shirt policy now:))

Tell us a little about the shop and/or your vision for the future, including any of these:
  • got a place to sit & swap stories?
  • Front porch on main street?
  • Coffee pot?
  • Cold drink cooler?
  • Stocking particular brands of rods/reels?
  • Live Bait?
  • Zoom? Gulp? Yamamoto? Rapala? Bandit? Lucky Craft? Storm? Strike King? Gamakatsu?
  • Any specialties? hand pours, live eels, locally made stuff, etc...
  • Web Site?
  • hours of operation
Great to have you on as a sponsor. I hope we make it worth your while!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
welcome castaway, Great idea, i would love to sit and get some good stories from youall......................Ed

Good Move Corey!
(except that a bunch of us could show up at your door one day - might be good to announce your shoes/shirt policy now:))

Tell us a little about the shop and/or your vision for the future, including any of these:
  • Coffee pot?
  • Cold drink cooler?
  • Live Bait?
  • Zoom? Gulp? Yamamoto? Rapala? Bandit? Lucky Craft? Storm? Strike King? Gamakatsu?
  • Web Site?
  • hours of operation

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Corey! you're holding out on us... Don't want to steal thunder from the release of your new sponsor banner, but I found most of my answers on a link that our new map trainee (NCangler himself) just added to the sponsors map:

If you've got half of what you list on your products page, you've got it all and then some - that's no small time operation!

(meanwhile, the tackle monkey has positioned himself between me and the wallet, and he looks like he means business. Mumbling something about roboworms and giant swimbaits...)

Good Move Corey!

• Coffee pot?
  • Cold drink cooler?
  • Live Bait?
  • Web Site?
  • hours of operation

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeff,

Sorry for the slow response...had a big sale this weekend and we were very very busy, i'm trying to get caught up tonight.

As you saw on our site, we carry a wide variety of brands which you can see on our Products page. Thanks for checking it out. To answer some of your questions...

We always welcome fellow anglers in to share stories, tips, info, etc, any time! I am personally there in the evenings (after 5:45ish-close) and on the weekends. During the weekdays, my wife and family run the shop. While we have a good selection now, there is only more to come. I have every intention of growing the business and would love any suggestions on other brands anyone would like to see us carry. Below are our hours and some of the services and products we carry that I feel make us somewhat unique.

Hours: M-Thu 8am-7pm
Fri 8am-9pm
Sat 5:30am-7pm
Sun 11am-5pm

Some featured products:
Swimbaits by....
  • Black Dog- The Shellcracker is a unique hand painted, jointed swimbait that can be fished in a variety of ways. It comes in floating and sinking models and has a unique tail that makes a great clacking noise.
  • MS Slammer- Hand crafted wooden baits by Mike Shaw, founder of MS Slammer lures. Mike has been hand crafting these baits since 1993. We stock the Snake (a giant jointed wooden bait with about a 10 inch jointed wooden tail), the mini slammer, the original single joint slammer, the M2 and the M3 jointed slammer.
Plastics...we carry many you know (zoom, yamamoto, culprit, roboworm etc). We also carry some locals and lesser knowns such as...
  • Deep Creek- A North Carolina company that makes a full line of styles and colors. They have a great garlic scent and all are extremely bouyant as they use "virgin" plastic rather than scraps like many of the major brands use to keep price down. Not that these baits aren't a great price themselves, $3.99 per 10pk. They are holding a tournament on Fall's August 4th.
  • Fishstix by Jighead Lures- We only stock one type of bait from this company but it is one heck of a bait! A 10" soft plastic stick bait (senko type)! This thing is like a double quarter pounder with cheese to a bass! Just got them, a friend of mine that has been testing them for me caught a 5.5lb and a 6.5lber in the first 10 minutes he had ever thrown it.
  • Original Creme Super Floaters- We have a limited quantity of the golden oldies. The original soft plastic worm, they have been catching fish for decades and are no longer produced.
  • Zoom (BULK)- I have a limited quantity of bulk Zoom Lizards, U Tails, Flukes, Dead Ringers (4").
  • Big Bite Baits- A great money saver, Big Bite Sticks (senko type), Lizards, Creatures, Beavers, Finesse worms, Ribbontails, Shads and more, all in 100pks at a great savings!
Crankbaits by lucky craft, yo zuri, bomber, rapala, rebel, suddeth and so many more...one of my favorites is...

Stanford Crankbaits- A handpainted top notch crankbait with a variety of styles and colors. Their new Razor Shad has been very productive.

As far as rods and reels, I have more work to do here and have been offering alot of special order options. What I stock now is Okuma, Daiwa, Shakespeare Ugly Stiks and several combos. Reels by Shimano, Daiwa, Quantum and Okuma. Ultimately, we will look to carry a complete line of Shimano, Daiwa, St. Croix, Kistler, G Loomis and more of the top brands. Also looking at some local custom rod manufacturers.

Well, I have written a small book here. Hope I answered your questions.

Oh wait, yes on live bait...minnows, eels, worms, crickets. Ok, thats all for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Corey
Castaway Fishing Supply Co.
Home

Corey! you're holding out on us... Don't want to steal thunder from the release of your new sponsor banner, but I found most of my answers on a link that our new map trainee (NCangler himself) just added to the sponsors map:

If you've got half of what you list on your products page, you've got it all and then some - that's no small time operation!

(meanwhile, the tackle monkey has positioned himself between me and the wallet, and he looks like he means business. Mumbling something about roboworms and giant swimbaits...)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.