NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My name is Dan Carter. I'm originally from Ft. Smith, Arkansas where I spent many of my formative years Huntin and Fishin just like Dave. At 12 years old I already had my own version of the Cast and Blast. With a Zebco in one hand and a 410 in the other I would head to the woods for a limit of squirrel. With 8 heads tucked under my belt, it was down to the river for a stringer of cats. I'm sure OLFATCAT can relate. It was not until my 20's that I was introduced to trout fishing which I enjoyed for several years on the Spinorfly. Flyfishing eventually consumed me after learning to do the chuck n duck casting 3" "Night Train" black Sculpins for giant brown trout on a Ozark mountain river at night. Everyone thought we were crazy Flyfishing at night. Six years ago my career brought me to Raleigh. Just like Strip Strike Outfitter, Gary began teaching me the lessons of saltwater fly fishing and now, from my home in Raleigh, I follow NCangler to Flyfish the waters around Oriental from my small CC. Small world.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.