NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25" or 26" fish on a topdog jr. I was fishing a bay near Sneads Ferry and could see them busting bait. I caught another 23" fish just a few casts later and these two fish probably just changed my life haha. What a rush watching that head show up as they go in for the hit.

I also caught what I think is a pampano? I threw it back because I wasn't sure the size limit and now that I am home, I can see there isn't a size limit for pomps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice man! Still looking for mine!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the first of many to come. It is a life changer. That's a small jack crevalle. You did the right thing throwing it back you don't want to eat them
I thought it might be a small one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice! was that a Battle combo you were catching them on?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love those Battle reels! I picked up a 2500 combo at the NRS after Christmas sale!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your fishing life has forever changed. Nice fish!

I got my first top water red a couple weeks ago and knew that I'd have a top pup or skitter walk tied on or within close reach. Last Friday was overcast and I figured it give it a try. The first one snapped the treble hook after a good fight. The second one I got to the boat after a few good runs and went for my net. He still had some energy left and ran straight under my kayak and snapped my rod. I was able to land him and he went 25". I managed one more at 25" then called it a day.

Nice work!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got my first top water red a couple weeks ago and knew that I'd have a top pup or skitter walk tied on or within close reach. Last Friday was overcast and I figured it give it a try. The first one snapped the treble hook after a good fight. The second one I got to the boat after a few good runs and went for my net. He still had some energy left and ran straight under my kayak and snapped my rod. I was able to land him and he went 25". I managed one more at 25" then called it a day.

Nice work!
Oh man...expensive but worth it!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love those Battle reels! I picked up a 2500 combo at the NRS after Christmas sale!

I really like mine even though I am a rookie and wouldn't know the difference anyway. I am going to invest in a better rod for casting a long ways but I will probably get another battle reel.

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's an awesome first man. Save that pic of your daughter holding that fish. Your gonna look back one day and just smile and remember. I release everything but flounder but that's a nice plated pic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts