NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy made our first trip to Plymouth today to chase rockfish. We fished some creek mouths and the bridge at the Casheye without luck for a few hours before we went to the next river over and finally found some under the bridge. Pulled five in on gulp jerk shad and then the bite stopped so we took a break back at the boat ramp. Talked to a few other fisherman and were surprised to learn that none of them had caught anything except one shad on a rattle trap. We got some advice from an old man and went back out to vertically jig. Ended up with another. Tried a few more spots and called it quits at 2pm. Not bad for our first trip for a new species.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good meeting you to. Actually we are from the Benson area. Took two and a half hours to get there. I hadn't heard but I am definitely hooked. Me and my buddy are planning to make another trip soon.

·
Banned
193 Posts
that is about like me trying to get to the trout flounder and drum grounds. Stripers are moving up the river. If you head straight up 95 to weldon in a couple of months you will really see some fish. All these fish are heading that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.