NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up to falls lake this weekend to try some bass fishing. I have a boat and have never been there before. I'll be coming up from Fayetteville. Where is the best place to put in at? What are some techniques that work well up there? Any help would be great and I'll be sure to post pics if I have any luck! Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
68 Posts
Best place's to use on a weekend is either Ledge Rock or Hickory Hill. All of the other ramps will be a zoo with weekend boaters. There's good fishing at the upper end of the lake but there's also some REAL SHALLOW Water !! I would suggest getting a Falls Lake map and look it over before going. If I'm fishing on a weekend I usually go to Hickory Hill but rarely use anything but the trolling motor except to load.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Going up to falls lake this weekend to try some bass fishing. I have a boat and have never been there before. I'll be coming up from Fayetteville. Where is the best place to put in at? What are some techniques that work well up there? Any help would be great and I'll be sure to post pics if I have any luck! Thanks!

Jeff
during the week the boat launch at six forks is pretty good but with summer coming will get crazy. I fished with a guy who has a boat and we mostly stayed under the 98 bridge since water is shallower above it and since its his boat I go where the boat goes. He takes the summers off due to boat traffic and zoo it becomes.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I usually use Ledge Rock any time the weather is nice enough for the lake lice to be out, Upper Bartons is a mess during the summer boating season. Like someone above said, get a map and look for trouble spots before you go out. Many of the creeks have standing timber towards the back, some not really marked that well. The upper parts (Rollingview rec area to Cheek rd and up to 85 and beyond) of Falls can be dangerous if you stray from the channel, pretty much anywhere below Hwy 50, you dont have much to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.