NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little wading in sugar creek on the fwa (fish and wildlife area) side of camp atterbury today. I haven't been in or on a creek or river since early last August due to back trouble, surgery and ongoing recovery. Looking to make up for lost time this year. I can't begin to express the feeling of being physically unable to go and then the joy of getting back at it. I hit 4 spots today for about 30 minutes each. It was a little rough on the lower back, but nothing that 2 advil and an hour on the floor couldn't fix. Nothing like a couple smallmouth to cheer a guy up. Not giants, but average quality creek fish. Both fish managed a couple jumps in the mid 40 degree water. The bad news is I'm going back to work---- but at a reduced level which means more days off to fish. Over the next 2 weeks I be trying some time in the boat. Muskies on Tuesday, wipers next monday and steelhead to end the month. Hoping to make it to NC towards the end of this year to visit my sister in Raleigh. I just gotta be careful as it will take another 12 months for my backbone to grow around all this titanium.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
jim glad all is going well and those are some sweet smallies,my cousin went thru back surgery a few years ago and still is a mess lots of titanium and screen as well as rods ;)
he is the one who caught the 42 inch muskie a few days ago,keep your head up and your rods straight you have plenty more fish to catch ;)

Reactions: jimvision

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took a couple buddies to Monroe reservoir near Bloomington IN today. The creek arm we fished is still cold--48 to 51 degrees. Fish are scatterred and 10 to 20 deep. We boated about 30 crappies of which only 3 or 4 were keepers. My friend Ron caught and released a personal best hybrid. My guide fee was an old fashioned loaf sandwich. I'm crazy about wipers the way you all are crazy about stripers. Here's a pic of the hybrid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.