NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear people's opinion on fishbites versus Gulp!. I fished at Va. Beach over the holiday weekend, using both fishbites and Gulp! bloodworm substitute in brown color (red also available). On a two hook bottom rig I used both the fb and gulp. At first the fishbites was the only thing I was hooking anything with. Had a maddening run of bites with no hookups and finally figured out that I was making a mistake with the Gulp! I was threading it on the hook and leaving the hooktip covered. The Gulp is stong enough that the tip wouldn't poke thru. After I uncovered the hook, I had three double hookups in a row.

My un-scientific humble opinion: Both very good and over all less expensive than live bloodworms. Gulp! is far longer lasting.

Caught about 15 spots- any good recipes?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
plain flour, corn flour, red pepper, black pepper, salt all mixed together
egg wash (enough eggs to get the job done and just a splash or three of milk to make the mixing easier)
Canola oil (not quite as good as Crisco shortening but a whole lot healthier)
Heat the oil to 375 F
While oil is heating up start dredging your spots in first the egg wash and then the meal lay them on a plate.
as soon as the oil reaches 375 drop in a batch and return to breading the rest.
As soon as they turn a light golden color take one out and test with a fork. If it is done then take them all out and put them on a platter covered with paper towels.
start another batch.....serve warm with blackeye peas and cole slaw with copious amounts of your friends and family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.