NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Humminbirds are like Fords. They are either the best thing you've ever owned or junk from day one!! No in between..... LOL!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Agree with Straps. The eagle is fine for my needs. I was actually scared to spend any big money before I knew how it would work. Probably won't spend big $$ now that I know it is going to get banged some, drenched etc. Some people have run into problems with wider models, since they are generally mounted between the legs/feet. And the directions that JeffO posted for install are defintiely worth reviewing.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ive never had one in a kayak, but in my boat while fishing for fun, or hulling in nets, my garmin, has taken a beaten. its 10 years old and still runs like new. Just wish it looked like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got a Lowrance x50DS for about $100. I made a custom mount for it to sit in a Scotty base, and will be installing it in the kayak next.

LEI makes both Lowrance and Eagle fishfinders, and they seem to be popular and well regarded for kayak use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.