NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I have never had any issues. And I use the cheaper models. I do make sure to grease the plug ins, but you should do that with anything electrical around water to help seal out moisture.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I'm pretty certain he's asking if having one is worth it or not for fishing the brackish creeks.

Do they serve a purpose? Yes. Are they essential? Not at all. I use mine to tell me the water temp of where I am and in the winter time to find the deep ledges when looking for stripers. As far as chasing trout, pups, flounder and warm water stripers I bet I don't look at my depth finder 5 times throughout the day.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Having atleast a basic depthfinder on a boat is essential IMO. If nothing else it will tell you how deep the water is that you are running your boat in. If you see it go from 20ft to 2 ft you know you are out of the channel and need to do something before you get yourself stuck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.