NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have a camera with me when a buddy took to me to a small creek (may have been a river but not sure). There was this long narrow bodied fish that kept killing our minnows and small plugs. It had a long, narrow mouth (almost like a pair of needle nose pliers). I believe it was a Gar but this is my first experience with them.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
yep Gar. Minnow eating,aggravating, messing up the fishing, Gar... Seems to me like when the Gar are around,nothing else is...

Reactions: Coach D

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. they were toothy things. And ya know sundrop. Everything quit biting at that point. I looked in the mirror to make sure I didn't have on my ncangler hat. That's usually when the bite stops for me.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Yeah. they were toothy things. And ya know sundrop. Everything quit biting at that point. I looked in the mirror to make sure I didn't have on my ncangler hat. That's usually when the bite stops for me.
Coach. you need to rub a little Gulp juice on that hat. (NCAngler) must have had that box on the counter when his wife came home with the 'nanners in the grocery bag.:)
If that doesnt do it, you'll have to squish a nightcrawler and smear it behind the sweatband..:eek:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So that's how to do it. Went to a voodoo woman but it didn't work.:D

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Chain pickerel aka Jackfish have a lot of teeth also but their mouths are more vee shaped. They are pretty rough on lures and baits also. They normally are fairly small compared to gar. Still lots of fun on a light outfit.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they are. I've caught them on a few occasions. I found a blown up pic of a gar and thought I saved the link to it. But I didn't. What I caught was a Gar for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.