NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I always wanted a LM Bass mounted on my wall. But I hav'nt caught one big enough yet. I always release bass. I heard there was a way to get a replica made of the fish you catch so it can be released. Has anyone ever had this done and if so whats the proper way, mesurements that has to be taken.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
DLEE- There are alot of Taxidermists who now offer Fiberglass reproductions of your trophy and all you need in most cases is the lenght. There's couple of advantages to the reproduction. The most important being that you don't have to kill the fish. Also, the mount is more durable and will look better longer. The cost is really about same as a regular fish mount. I know one person here in Fayetteville that has several mounts from a company out of Florida called Fintastic and you really can't tell hose mounts from a regular mount. I made up my mind some time ago that if I get another that I would like to have mount that I'm going to release the fish and get a reproduction. I think it's a Win/win.

·
Registered
330 Posts
DLee, I agree with the rest that the Fiberglass reproductions look better and hold up better than traditional mounts. The best way to do it to get a true reproduction of the fish you catch is to take several colse-up photos. To get the easyest measurements is simple, just cut a piece of line the exact length of the fish and one for the diameter to send in with the photo.

Thanks for Sportsmanship!!!
Catch and release :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
repo's cost twice as much as a regular mount seein taxidermist have to paint both sides.. make sure to inculd pictures of any weird spots you see on the fish as they can do this excatly..

repos are $16 per inch regularmounts are $8 per inch..

zooker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.