NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I see people busy at the fish cleaning station, I wander over and have a look when I can. Wednesday I saw some pretty good sized blues and a five foot Mako shark on one boat. Today I chatted with a fella who had caught some real nice Bonito, one around 8 pounds. He was filleting them for Sashimi, and I must say they looked pretty tasty. He was fly fishing for them, I think off Beaufort inlet. :cool:
James

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've Read A Lot Of Reports That The Bonita Are In Thick Up At Beaufort Inlet Around Ar 315 And 320. I Haven't Tried It But, I Bet That Would Be An Awsome Fight On Fly Tackle. I Had One Spool Me On Bass Sized Tackle Last Weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was listening to the fishing show on 107.3 Monday morning, Dr. Boggus was saying that people often refer to the false albacore as "Bonita", which is not a food fish. He was talking about Bonito, which is a very good eating fish, with horizontal as well as vertical stripes. He had a guy call in on the cell phone who was casting to a school of Bonito the size of a football field and trying to talk at the same time. Sounded like a lot a fun, as does gettin' spooled on bass tackle by one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.