NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in how everybody likes to cook their seafood. Mostly interested in fish I can catch within 5-10 miles (Flounder, Sheepies, Spanish, Trout, BSB, etc.)

I love almost everything covered in house autry and fried. But want some more ideas for fish tacos, baked, on the grill, etc.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A thin coat of olive oil and some Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning, throw in a smokin hot pan or on the grill. I've cooked everything from bream to cobia like this and its basically the only way I cook fish other than deep fried or pan fried.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like to grill, pan fry, or bake my fish (in that order, I rarely deep fry). Olive oil, tony chachere's, old bay, salt/pepper, and a little butter tend to be my go to ingredients in various combos. I pan fried red snapper with a coating of house autry's zesty sauce recently and that turned out great. I need to try redfish magic. Tuna almost always winds up with a light coat of olive oil, salt and pepper, then seared on the edges with a raw center.

·
Registered
197 Posts
For redfish, fillet fish but leave scales ON. Season fillets liberally with cajun seasoning of your choice. Melt 1/4 c. butter and add 1 teaspoon of liquid crab boil. Baste fillets in butter mixture. Turn grill on medium high heat and cook fillets meat side down for 2 or 3 minutes. Enough to work up a good sear. Flip fillets over onto scale side and cook another 10 minutes or until done, basting periodically with butter mixture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts