NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's obviously a fairly advertised app but can any good come from posting the exact map location you caught a fish? What do you all think of it?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
just wondering if you mean good for you, or good for someone else? I have posted all of my catches and places i've found to fish in Fayetteville on Fishidy, but then again, I've only caught like 3 fish in NC so far (other than when I went out with a guide). No one else posts around Fayatteville, so I try and be helpful to others that are new here, because it's not easy to find spots to fish. It doesn't help me, unless others start posting other spots, but I don't do it so they will too.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well fishbrain just wants it's users to post exact locations that each fish was caught. It's not smart unless you want lots of people in your secret spots.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Best spots are the ones you find yourself and keep to yourself. The dots others put on the map probably wouldnt do you alot of good. Many times the key to a specific place is knowing the right way to fish it and when.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use FishAngler, which is a lot like FishBrain but totally free and its a catch 22 with posting your spot. I like to do it only because I like to look at other people's spots when I fish a new area and feel its only fair. But can't say I do it for all my spots haha.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hate the app mostly because it has a lot of,folks photoshopping bass and claiming as their own catch. I like something like NC a angler better since I would rather read detailed reports and stories versu hey look at me photos that are fake

·
Registered
396 Posts
I use it for one reason and one reason alone....when I travel the country for work I use it to scout which bodies of water seem to have decent fish in them and appear to be public

1 - 9 of 9 Posts