NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my brother got him a new boat on Wednesday. He got it from Grubb's Marine in Winston Salem so we took it straight to Salem Lake. Caught 4 catfish. He just started fishing and because of our work schedule we haven't got to fish together. We both ended up being off Thursday so I took him down to Jordan. Caught shad and trolled for two hours and caught one 26 1/2" striper, then showed him one of my winter catfish holes on the way to 64 for some crappie fishing. Fished under the bridge mostly and put over 60 in the boat. Brought home 20 keepers 10 1/2" - 15". Fished one other "secret" spot around 64 (thanks StriperJunkie;)) but mostly stayed under the bridge to stay out of the rain. In two days we put shad, striper, bream, crappie, catfish, and white bass in the new boat. It is a Crestliner Fish Hawk 1600 and is a great fishing boat.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
That's a fine way to break in a new boat!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a blast!! Only the boy in the red jacket (Zachary, my son) was with us. Brandon was in school (we homeschool Zach, well, water school sometimes). Zach had a hard time feeling the bite and got really frustrated as he is a great fisherman for his age (and usually does catch the biggest/most). He turned it on in the afternoon and caught several. The striper was the first one my brother has ever caught so he was on cloud nine after reeling him in.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey K, glad you joined us on here. Scotty and Brandon went yesterday and put about 40 in the boat, brought home 10 keepers. Fish were real scattered and the bite didn't come on till after lunch. I told him daylight to lunch is character building fishing for when the fish start biting. When it starts warming back up after this cold snap we'll have to head down for a day of fishing to prime up for the Roanoke;).
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
lb. crrappie, one place you can try from shore on Jordan is around Ebenezer ramp docks or the other ramp docks just south of Ebenezer.

My boy had good luck catching crappies around the docks using live minnows and worms

He also caught some decent brim and yellow perch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.