NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it to he eno river after reading a few posts on white bass. I wasn't there long after the 3rd or 4th cast I had caught my first white bass, pretty cool I thought. There were a couple cars parked so I was a little worried the fish werent there. Anyway I followed a couple guys with chest waders down toward the old bridge being carefull not to fill my hip waders with that cold water... All in all I probably landed 14 small white bass and had a good time, not much size to the little guys but a whole lot of fight... Used a couple different lures road runner jig, and couple different colored rooster tails... white rooster tail did the best. When do the bigger fish show anyone know?? :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
When do the bigger fish show anyone know?? :cool:
This is the first season I've tried it up there - not sure when the big ones show up - I'd guess they're in there now, but maybe just smart enough to be big ones!

I saw one on a stringer in the 2lb range on Monday last week. He must have been fishing overnight or really early, because he was leaving at about 8 when I was getting there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.