NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I arrived at the boat ramp to find about 30 trucks and trailers all parked and unloaded. It was only 5:30 and I was puzzled as to why so many people were fishing so early. Then it hit me. Second opening day of ducks. Argggg

We waited for light and headed for the south end on the other side of 49. Caught 5 all between 2-4 pounds on lipless cranks.

Since it was my first time out there I didn't even try for the north dam. Does anyone go up there to fish. Looks pretty scary to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, Stayed off the bottom as much as I could but it was pretty thick. At first light it sounded like the guns of navarone opening up and most of the coves were laden with decoys. Had to stay south of the 49 bridge for the most part. Later that afternoon I started to explore a little but I never found anything moving around the top of the water.

Found some birds diving for baitfish but never any place that looked active. Stayed out till almost dark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.