1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have had a few of these cancer survivors come to me when there was not a "Casting for a Cure" event nearby. I am here to tell you that it is a pretty humbling experience.

I can also say that everyone of them had a positive attitude and we had a wonderful day on the water.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just wanted to let you know that my wife Lani, who operates the shop during the week, just brought in rod & reel combos from Fishergirl. They donate a portion of the proceeds of their sale to us to breast cancer. We in turn will make an additional donation for each of their products that we sell. We currently have the Mermaid, the Foxy and the tadpole as well as the hats and lanyards.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
We currently have the Mermaid, the Foxy and the tadpole as well as the hats and lanyards.
Hey Jim, check it out! You need to take a trip down to Smithfield for sure! Jim needs three of the Tadpole combos.

Thanks Corey!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm laughing so hard I disrupted the person who uses my room during my planning period's class.:D

Reactions: sundrop

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just spit Dr Pepper on my screen!!!! LOL!! "Tadpole" LOL!!!!!!!:D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Time to bump this one up again!!! If you have ladies young or old that like to fish keep this in mind!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Time to bump this one up again!!!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
As the father of two daughters, one of the things I enjoyed about the fishing expo was the number of little girls walking around with new rod&reel combos. Congrats to the Dads (& Moms) who are getting their girls involved in fishing! It might not stick with them for a lifetime (surely didn't with mine), but its good for them while they're at it.

Not sure any of it was Fishergirl stuff, but still good to see...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Teach a girl to fish!!!!!!

Reactions: Uncle Silty

·
Registered
386 Posts
"Teach a Girl to fish..."
What a great idea! Sundrop and others have met my stepdaughter, L'l Silt. She's between High School and College this summer, and she loves to fish!

Yesterday, we had to go up to Greensboro, and while killing a little time, the two of us found ourselves in the Outdoor Persons Holy Land. I speak of Gander Mountain.

So first we have to Check out the fishin' stuff. If you can imagine L'il Silt standing there with a blue and green sundress on, trying on a fly vest, and checking out a SWEET St. Croix fly rod. Wish I'd had a camera!

Next, it was to the other end of the store for the canoes and camping gear. When we finally left, with the new hammock in tow, I asked her how many of her friends would appreciate such a shopping trip.

It wasn't a day fishing, but it wasn't bad...Wish ya could have been there!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought I would bump this old post back up in tribute to the new ladies......

Reactions: rangergreg281

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With the current topic on the forum I thought I'd bring this post out of the files. I saw a neat bumper sticker the other day and then later a T shirt that both had the pink ribbon and said " I support the "TaTas".. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for bumping up. I'm new so this is my first time seeing this post. Never heard of Fishergirl before but I saw a couple of items that I liked. Having family members who have survived cancer and some who lost their battle with cancer, I love to look for items that I frequently buy and know that some portion of the money I spend goes to such a cause. My dear Husband is a cancer survivor so that is something that we are always thinking of. Thanks!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks Sundrop;
My wife is a breast cancer survivor ( for which we thank the lord each day) and we know first hand what both the ladies and their families go thru. I'm not sure if my wife knows about this site, but will sure let her know about it.
As for teaching a girl to fish I taught both my girls along with the boys to fish and hunt. Now as grown women they have asked me along with their husbands to teach their daughters to do the same.
Some of my best memories ( so far) are sitting in a deer stand or on my boat with my girls...... I hope to add memories of being there with my granddaughters and grandsons.

NCpierman; the color for men is not pink - but bubble gum.. got it...??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.