NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOREHEAD CITY – State authorities are asking coastal businesses to help spread the word about the new Coastal Recreational Fishing License.

In anticipation of increased demand prior to and during Memorial Day weekend, the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries mailed a letter Tuesday to about 700 businesses and related entities, such as hotels, campgrounds, chambers of commerce, tourist centers, marinas and tackle shops. The letter informed merchants of different ways their patrons can purchase the license.

“We have no way of knowing just how many licenses the state will sell, but we want people to know they have options,” said Dee Lupton, DMF Licensing and Statistics section chief.

Fishermen can purchase a Coastal Recreational Fishing License 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission Web site at

The WRC also sells licenses by phone at (888) 248-6834 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, except state holidays.

Another option available to the public is to buy licenses from wildlife service agents. Many tackle shops, and other stores that sell sporting goods sell hunting and fishing licenses. A list of service agents by county can be found on the WRC Web site.

Additionally, the six DMF regional offices sell licenses from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. The offices are located in Morehead City at 3441 Arendell St.; in Elizabeth City at 1367 U.S. 17 South; in Columbia at 1107 Highway 64 East; in Wanchese at 604 Harbor Road; in Washington at 943 Washington Square Mall; and in Wilmington at 127 Cardinal Dr.

Available license types include annual resident ($15), annual non-resident ($30), resident 10-day ($5); non-resident 10-day ($10); resident 65 or older lifetime ($15).

The state has sold more than 125,000 Coastal Recreational Fishing Licenses, including blanket licenses, since sales began Jan. 1. The majority of those have been annual resident licenses.

For more information, contact Janice Fulcher, license unit supervisor, at (252) 726-7021.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.