NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week after a Turkey hunt I got to introduce my 12 year old son to the joy of eating "potted meat and cheese crackers":eek: I later thought about all the foods that would make you gag at your kitchen table, but are very tasty while hunting and fishing.

What is your favorite food while fishing that you would not eat at home?

Vienna sausage
Sardines
ect, ect!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, I was thinking of sitting in the middle of a oyster bed in Stump Sound with a flathead screwdriver and a pack of saltines.:)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Smoke and salted Herring from the can and Lance Nip Chee crackers or Ritz crackers. When going offshore I always make up Tuna fish sandwichs on onion rolls with lots of chopped jalopenas, kinda a traditional thing............

Mark

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Gatorade and trail mix go into the kayak's fuel tank.

My scout troop used to do the sausage/cheese/crackers thing on backpacking trips. Might need to resurrect that sometime...

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
cream cheeze filled cracker deals or crunchy chocolate chip cookies... I never eat them at the house (i.e. on the Hill), but put them on the boat and I'm drawn in like a fly to a 4th of July picnic spread.

And for some odd reason, macaroni salad... I'll pass that up all day.. put it on a boat and for some weird reason it tastes great....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Homemade venison summer sausage from a good friend is pretty hard to beat as well.
Steve--After chowing down big time on Dave's sausage, I was sitting in my den that Sat. evening and 3 deer showed up grazing in my back yard. I have a feeling that they are not going to be as safe next hunting season as they have been around here. Whole deer summer sausage may reduce the herd.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
We're just now on our last pack of rib eye venison steaks... :( Still got about 20 lbs ground for a burger burn (which I'm trying to get a date/time put together.. will anounce soon)

Even my wife commented on how beef steak just doesnt taste the same...
but man,, that summer sausage was the "heat"! ;)

each one of them packs on the top shelf there are 5 lbs (one log cut in half and packaged) summer sausage

and this here's the deer it came from... man he produced some good steaks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Steve--After chowing down big time on Dave's sausage, I was sitting in my den that Sat. evening and 3 deer showed up grazing in my back yard. I have a feeling that they are not going to be as safe next hunting season as they have been around here. Whole deer summer sausage may reduce the herd.
And I'll be glad to take some off your hands bud!!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey Forrest,, any way to re-phrase that...??? just dont sound right there brother! :eek:
Yikes-- I meant to say that I ate venison summer sausage which Dave brought with him in a bag inside a cooler wrapped in plastic and cut into thin slices with a very sharp fillet knife. The summer sausage which WE ate was spiced with jalapeño peppers and served with soda crackers and a Mountain Dew.(Still suffering from hypothermia since that trip and have trouble getting expressions written correctly.):eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.