NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Well, they arent worth spending the money to send them in and have them fixed. there is a brand new one on Ebay right now for $50 and used they are less. I'd recommend it's time for an upgrade. Or you can try to take it apart yourself and you'll probably find the LED burned out but you;ll have to figure out how to replace it, maybe something from Radio Shack and some solder. I've never had one apart myself..

Reactions: fisherjon

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Or you can try to take it apart yourself and you'll probably find the LED burned out but you;ll have to figure out how to replace it, maybe something from Radio Shack and some solder.
Eh, it might be educational and fun to try, but I wouldn't expect this to be a high-percentage shot. My concern is that the circuit board was probably surface-mount soldered by robot, and you probably wouldn't have a soldering tip tiny enough to get in there and reach the joints you want. I haven't opened up anything made in the last ten years, but I've heard things were going this way.

If the thing's headed for the trash heap anyway, you don't have anything to lose but a little time. Oops I mean recycling facility.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I replace it with another Humminbird, will I also have to replace the mount and transducer? Or can I use my current ones?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Need to make sure you get matched components.. You might look up the transducer part # and see what it interchanges with but I would buy the matched set to be safe...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Fisherjon,

Go to the humminbird website and look up your model and then the "accessory" transducer. I think it lists all models that are compatable with a particular transducer. I've gone there a few times looking up the old "Wide One" model I got with the boat I recently bought.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for the advice! As a quick fix, I think I'll look for a map light at an auto parts store that I could clip on to my fishfinder stand. Meanwhile, I'll keep my eye on E-bay and Craigslist for a good deal.

Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.