NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite 3 years ago my best friend since 7th grade was diagnosed with Leukemia. He was 32 at the time. The doctors gave him a few months to live unless he underwent extensive chemo and radiation treatment. They said some can't even survive the treatment and if they do it's no guarantee the cancer won't come back. He spent the better part of that year in and out of Baptist Hospital while his wife struggled at home with their two sons and another child on the way.

Carl and I hung out together every chance we got. At 16, we were the youngest team on the Yadkin Lakes Bass tournament trail. If there was a fish to catch, an animal to hunt, a girl to chase, or a car to race, we were there. We even totalled our cars within a week of each other!

With the support of family and friends and dedicated prayer, Carl made a full recovery. He has been back at work now for over a year and doing fine. I just want you to know that no matter what struggles you face, God will see you through it. Don't be too proud to ask for strength, wisdom and understanding for your situation. And don't hesitate to ask others to pray for you as there is power in prayer.

Carl and I don't get to see each other as much as we use to. However, this summer he was able to bring his two boys camping on Jordan Lake. One morning I picked up Carl and his sons at the campsite and took them striper fishing. As the boys reeled in their first ever striped bass, Carl and I reminisced about the good ole days some 20 years ago. Yes, we had some good times but I don't think any of them can compare to the day we took his two sons striper fishing on Jordan Lake. A day that almost never happened. Life is too short, don't take anything for granted.

You can read about our trip in the Salisbury Post here:

Salisbury Post | SPORTS | Outdoors briefs: Family fishing outings turn out nicely

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.