NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home from work early and decided to take the little sister bass fishing. I know this is weird coming from me but I really haven't done a lot of bass fishing lately. Most of my summer was spend surf fishing when I wasn't working. But I really needed to get on some good old fashioned bass so I took my sister to one of my favorite crappie/flier fishing holes to follow up on a hunch about the bass in there. I was right. Everyone panfishes there and ignores the bass which were very eager to bite on rubber worms, but ignore beetle spins, curly tails, live minnows, and other baits that are frequently fished there. I caught three and my little sister caught one. She's a little pro, and fishes with me all the time (even outfishing me sometimes) But she's never bass fished with soft plastics before. She picked it up quick and caught her bass on a pumpkin seed trick worm.

I caught mine on some off brand crawfish lures that I bought for cheap at the erwin fish box. They had three boxes of Pro Staff brand fishing lures. One box had 10 packs of junebug stick baits, another had smaller jerk baits, and another had brown and orange crawfish. They had dozens of each for $1 a bag. Figured I'd give them a shot and I'm very impressed. Planning on buying a few more packs of each when I go back by.

Also, I reckon this is as good of place as any to post a pic of my first flathead catfish! Caught last week in Erwin on the Cape fear while canoe fishing with Basswrangler. Love my abu garcia ambassadeurs, I use them everywhere from fresh to saltwater and they've never done me wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed! Her oldest brother just moved away for college so she needed a pick me up. Even in that smile though you can see the cringe that comes from it also being her first time lipping a bass. She's a trooper though, at eleven years old she has been baiting her own hooks, tying them on by herself, unhooking all of her own fish,and diggin' up her own bait for a while now.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
That's awesome, the smile is priceless. Nice job listening to the 'hunch' :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts