NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be headed up jordan to do some fishing this Wednesday. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas of what type of bait to bring. Most of what I fish with is fake bait stuff. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
BigOsh
Personally, I've gotten my best results with small and mid-sized spinnerbaits, in light colors -- white and chartreuse. Had bass and crappie both hit those... although it's not particularly pretty when a smallish crappie hits a larger spinnerbait....

Hope it helps

Reactions: Big Osh

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
I like my crankbaits - something shallow (1-3 ft) for the back waters & something deeper (5-7ft) for the points & mouths. manns baby 1-, original rapala (3hook series), bandit flat max, shad raps of all kinds - floating, suspending, glass - sz 5 & 7.

Like my odds with 6 or more hooks, but hate the way they're able to find my rigging. Lost about 20 mins of fishing time last trip after I solidly hooked my new anchor trolly. Lesson learned...

Hard to beat drifting minnows if the weather is nice and you're willing to commit to it. Wilsonville General Store at the turn off 64 toward Ebenezer & Weaver Creek can hook you up.

What time are you thinking about hitting the water?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I was thinking of leaving around 7/8 am time frame after I get my son off to school.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I ordered my hat Today. Maybe this will change my luck. Just maybe the fishing gods will be nice to me and I might catch a fish.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
I was thinking of leaving around 7/8 am time frame after I get my son off to school.
Time probably won't work for me... Slim chance I could have sneaked a trip from the crack of dawn til around 9am, but I've got lots of competition for those hours tomorrow too - sleep, work, kids, etc... I'm in the grinder right now at work (which explains why I'm online so much more than on water).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you would like to try and meet up at the crack of dawn let me know. I am open for anything all day long. This is my long week the only days of this week are wednesday thursday. But next week I will be off mon,tues,friday, sat and sunday next week. So if you want to meet up next week let me know.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good to me. Maybe we will be able to get a couple of people yaks together for next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.