NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to kerr lake this weekend and camping at henderson point.i think theres a boat ramp at this site but not sure.any advice where to go from there have access to 19 foot boat and would love see the kids catch a few fish.might want to try some night fishing for crappie or what evers biting.thanks in advance{great site fantastic reading}thanks again

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome aboard 92. The stripers have been running pretty good up around the dam area at about 50-70 foot depth. A friend of mine and his buddies have done quite well lately. I've heard several reports of white perch doing well also, but didn't get any exact location. I'd try the creek mouths for them. If all else fails, the cats usually bite on bottom rigs pretty well. Good luck

·
Registered
852 Posts
Most good baitshops will have a map of the lake. One brand includes the local names of specific fishing areas (Graveyard, Rockwall, Striper City, etc), which is helpful if you have a radio and are listening to the striper guys on channel 68. This past weekend was horrible for striper with the cold front and clear skies, next weekend looks to be cloudy which will help a lot.

Dam area and most of the northern shore of the lake in the 60-80' zone, lures or baits between 25' and 35' down for stripers. There are also supposed to be some in the area of Henderson point and the mouth of Nutbush, but there don't seem to be as many. They don't mind big bass minnows, so if you can't find shad, they are a nice alternative. About 3 weeks ago I had a 24" and a 28" take minnows near the rip rap east of the dam.

Watch the wind, it can get real sloppy out there on the main lake (or even Nutbush) when the wind gets the rollers and whitecaps running. A 19' should be fine, but you could find yourself getting a real bumpy ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.