NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing Around Morehead City Area

can Someone Give Me Some Advises On Where Is The Best Places To Go On The Water In The Morehead City Area To Fish In A Bass Boat An Be Safe. I've Read About Fishing Around The Marsh Area And The Haystack? Dont Know The Area That Good But Would Love To Fish There This Fall, I Would Like To Go With Someone Or Someone Can Go With Me On My Boat To Show Me The Area. Thanks Chris..............

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
The stacks there to the north of Radio Island, the turning basin and anywhere around the flats there around Harker's Island.

I wouldnt put too much faith in running out or in Lighthouse channel in/out of Barden inlet... them shoals shift alot and that water get's real skinny real fast.

If on a good day.. alot of folks fish the sumberged rock jetty and the nav marker there to the east on the outside of Barden inlet

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
It mainly depends on the wind as far as safety. You might want to avoid barge and ship traffic in a bass boat. They can make some pretty mean wakes....especially if you are up in shallow water when they are going by. They can also suck the water right out from under you as they approach if you are in very shallow water in a narrow waterway. Other than that Just fire up google maps and look at the sattelite pictures. You can find plenty of places to go to avoid rough water in just about any wind.
My definition of a good spot is somewhere to send someone where he will catch just enough fish that he will stay there.... and not find my honey holes. What's your definiton of a good spot????;)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
It mainly depends on the wind as far as safety. You might want to avoid barge and ship traffic in a bass boat. They can make some pretty mean wakes....especially if you are up in shallow water when they are going by. They can also suck the water right out from under you as they approach if you are in very shallow water in a narrow waterway. Other than that Just fire up google maps and look at the sattelite pictures. You can find plenty of places to go to avoid rough water in just about any wind.
My definition of a good spot is somewhere to send someone where he will catch just enough fish that he will stay there.... and not find my honey holes. What's your definiton of a good spot????;)
Tadpole and I can attest to this! We survived wake of near Tsunami proportion from a container ship in a 14ft boat a couple of weeks ago. We really weren't expecting such a white knuckle ride that day.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
GMCO's North Carolina Chartbook I wish I owned the company !!!

Reactions: emorycns1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.