NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew is flying into town from Iowa and wants me to take him rock and trout fishing....where are some decent spots around New Bern that I could try....thanks for any advice on this

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
The bridges around New Bern in the Neuse and Trent are supposed to be good for rock, but I am not the one to give good advice. Probably around the Brices Creek mouth would also be good. Hopefully others will give more advice. It will most likely be general info.
Not sure what all the rain will do to the trout fishing in that area. Wouldn't think it would be good.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If you want to try for a few stripers during your holiday time off , there's some fish around both train trestles in New Bern. I'd recommend soft plastics in minnow/ eel shapes in the 4-6 in. range on 1/4 ounce jigs either trolled or cast near the train trestles or car bridge. Early morning and late afternoon seem to be the best times with a few also after sundown. These fish range from 1.5 to 10 lbs. with plenty of slot size fish. The Neuse river trestle can be accessed from a small park near the trestle in New Bern and the Trent river trestle can be accessed from Lawson creek boat ramp. Merry Christmas to everyone.
Just happened to find this info....may be helpful.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.