NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Yesterday I made a trip to Francis Beatty park from about 4 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. I was looking forward to finally fishing a good park pond (Park Road Pond was a huge disappointment) and I was really happy to see how big the pond was when I got there. I fished heavily off of the rock ledge next to the parking lot at first. I fished with a wacky rigged senko, texas rigged senko, and a power bait worm on a jig head for a while and didn't get any bites. I eventually worked my way around the entire pond, getting a line in the water wherever I could find an opening in the woods. I also used a Rattlin' Rapala crank bait and a Booyah Boogee bait with no success. Does any body know any good spots to fish around this pond, or have any helpful advice and tactics on how to catch them there? I will most likely be taking a morning trip out there sometime soon so morning advice on catching them would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have a kayak, so I can only fish from the bank. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Forget the parking lot side. Everyone fishes there. Put in your time and find where the deeper water is. In this heat thats where they are. Bank fishing takes time, lots of work and keeping a log every time you go. Thats how I found my spot. Don't give up. Most fishermen will help you after they have seen you a few times and see you putting in the work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I worked my way around the entire pond my last trip, and the water seems to be really shallow on the side opposite the parking lot. I think today I will try fishing from the dock on the left side, maybe then I can get to some deeper water.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I fish it from the yak every now and then. The "deep" water is only 10ft, and you cant really reach it from the bank. Its out in front, past casting distance, from the boat dock. You will have a better shot, walking around the pond, opposite the boat dock, and trying from there. I personally cant stand that pond lol, I only catch small 1s, and thats if I catch at all. I would look for some other ponds if I were you. I have heard of people catching good 1s, but I would guess they are few and far between, a lottttt of people fish it. Good luck .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.