NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what to expect out of sunset beach during the last week of march? Will there be any action in the sounds or near shore? I'm heading down there for spring break and would just like some info if anyone could give me some. Thanks

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply reiddog. I'm heading down there for spring break and hope to get some fishing done. What about the canals when you come onto the island to your left or the inlet over there? ANY help would be awesome. Thanks for the info already given :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sunset

that first creek east of the swing bridge snakes around to Tubb's inlet which has some good holes (look for deeper water for trout) but is tricky to navigate. you used to could walk out to tubb's and fish but private development has blocked off access to all but boaters now. when the tide goes out the red's come out of the grass, look for wakes of the fish and be sneaky and try to cast in front of them. they will spook very easily though. great flounder fishing in that creek and inlet but usually a little later in the year.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.