NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping my sister move Saturday morning. I have to go over Badin Lake on 49 to get there and back. I was thinking about hitting the lake Sat afternoon on my way back.

Is that end at 49 considered the narrows?

Any info on fishing it? I have not fished it in all the years I have gone between Cary and Harrisburg.

Thanks....

mikeski

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you went over it on 49 that is Tuckertown Resivoir.

I am helping my sister move Saturday morning. I have to go over Badin Lake on 49 to get there and back. I was thinking about hitting the lake Sat afternoon on my way back.

Is that end at 49 considered the narrows?

Any info on fishing it? I have not fished it in all the years I have gone between Cary and Harrisburg.

Thanks....

mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm, my bad. I was looking at the google mp and it shows Badin lake. The dam is not on the map either. Unless you look at the satellite view. Google maps is going down hill.

So, what about around that 49 ramp? Looks like big drop offs from the bank areas.

And like I said. never fished the area there. Just drive over the bridge. At least they put the new one in so you don't have to play chicken with big trucks.

mikeski

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I have only been on it twice but if you go down from hwy 49, there are alot of steeper banks with rocks and wood, some of the cuts have some shallower flats. You may also find some scattered hydrilla.

Reactions: Fish_Fiend
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.