NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to Charlotte, which part are you located? Where did you move from?

I am located right outside of Charlotte on Albemarle Rd. (Midland). I grew up here and have fished since I could walk.
I can give you some insight to the bass fishing of this area.
We are lucky in that we can target several different bass species all within an hours drive of Charlotte.
I mostly offshore/ stream/trout fish these days, but a few of my buddies fish the local bass tournaments.

Are you fishing from the bank, boat or kayak?
Feel free to hit me up for locations that are not as heavily fished. Locally I only target striper, white bass and Small Mouth Bass, so I dont mind giving up locations for largemouth! And yes there is a resident population of Smallies in Stanly/Montgomery Counties, about 20 minutes from my business!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in northwest Charlotte near the Huntersville border. Originally from NY but lived in New England prior to moving here.

Bank fishing for now. Saving up some money to buy a boat next year. I'm down to catch any fish. I just picked up some fly gear earlier this year to start trying that out. I didn't know we had smallies down here! My buddy up north will love to hear that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Locally, the smallmouth are very isolated. I find them in the Uwharrie river and certain stretches of the Rocky river. They are not huge like northern fish, but we catch them up to about 5 pounds. This is a fall/winter/spring fishery, with the fish becoming very sluggish in the hot summer months. Also, most of the streams in the Western part of the state have good populations of Smallmouth. All of your public/signed fishing areas are going to be fished heavily, and I would not waste my time.

Send me a message if you would like me to send you a few locations.

~Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts