NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I know that I did!!:) I went to the fishing expo and managed not to spend a whole lot of money. I did buy some new lures that I can't wait to try out. I got to watch my oldest and middle son's try and catch a trout.( no luck ):confused: It was nice to see a few Kayaks there. The guy's from Paddel creek Kayak had an area set up with a few kayaks and canoes. Got a chance to talk to some really friendly people that share the same passion of kayaks as I do. There is some really cool stuff out there that I didn't know about until now. A big thanks to those guy's for taking the time to talk to me and for not trying to sale me anything that I didn't need. They are one of only a handful that I didn't feel any pressure to buy something from. If you get a chance check them out. All in all it was a good day. I got to spend it with my boy's and try and show them the world of fishing.:) :) :)

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Hey Big Osh - what did Paddle Creek bring to the show? I haven't stopped by their shop since early last summer when I was kayak shopping. I test-drove a Tarpon 160 on one of their evening lake paddles. For $20 its a pretty good way to try flat water paddling if you never have - you pick your boat ahead of time and they have it ready at the water's edge, with an instructor leading the group. I took the opportunity to do some dump & re-entry drills and even caught a schoolie bass on that trip - my first kayak fish. They only had Wilderness Systems SOTs at the time - not sure if they've branched into other brands or if WS has anything new for this year. I keep my eye on their sign to see if they'll unload last year's rental fleet - can be a good way to pick up a deal. My current #2 boat is pretty much kid-sized and I want to get something that's a little more comfortable for the wife or for taking friends.

2 more questions:
1) Did the Silver Buddy guys have a booth this year? They used to do a booth or maybe teamed up with a guide/pro on a booth. They've gone to internet only sales now, so they're a little tough to come by unless you want to pay s&h. Too late to do anything about it, but curious anyway.
2) Did the boys get to catch a trout in the "pond"?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.