NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be fishing on fontana the last week in august. i know its not the best time for fishing there but you take what you can get some times. ive never fished the lake before and will be staying near the west end near the dam. any advice (other than dont go) would be welcome. mostly ill be fishing for bass. smalls,spots, or largemouth, im not to choosy. i was even thinking about getting a guide for a day to see what the patterns are. so, if anyone fishes that end of the lake regularly and knows the august bite or a good reputable guide, let me know.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'll be there again but Im sure it will be in sept. I was told to use hair jigs. and if you go intot he marinea bait shop at the boat launch by the dam they have some made by local anglers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The best thing in august is night fishing. The smallies are your best bet and maybe even walleyes. Bandit plugs in a crawfish pattern are a good bet cranked parallel to the bank. Hair jigs and minnows are always good on fontana. Hi Rob. If you need a guide contact me I might be able to do it in august I grew up on the lake and have done some guiding there in the past.
marty
biminitwisted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.