NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to lift a hex from someone?:confused: It seems like everything I do lately, everything gets a little twisted. Here is a couple of examples. I am running down the waterway tonight at about 3/4 throttle, almost sank a little jon boat with no running lights. Of course I get cursed. I don't feel as if it is my fault. If you are going to be out and about at night, install some running lights. I know it is a holiday weekend, but my first six or seven holes I pull up to, seems to have 20 tow-rows in them.(local term for weekenders, no offense guys:D). I pull in to my first one, its not quite dark yet. I sling 5 or 6 flounder in the boat, and the three or four boats close by can see what I am doing.:( Well its time to move. I fire the motor up and before you know it I am leading a flotilla of flounder boats. I go on through the night very irritated, but keep my cool. I lose several nice fish tonight. Unusual. I might lose one or two small ones on any given night. I have the duct seal on a light come off. The first time ever! I get zapped by the generator before I realized something was wrong. I take the light loose, and put new seal on it. Five minutes later, that light blows. I get that fixed, look behind me, and my "flounder flotilla" has tripled. "alright I'll fix this problem", I crank up and run a few miles up the water to Jacksonville. Plenty of flounder up there. Too bad they were all between 6-12in.. All 200 of them. I'm changing the oil in my lower unit yesterday. I drop the top screw on the ground. Have yet to find it! Must have fallen through a portal to another dimension. Had to go buy another. I bought two bags of gulp pogies one day this week, and three packs of storm shrimp. Set them on my porch so I wouldn't forget to put them in my tackle box. come in to eat dinner, couldn't have been more than twenty minutes, and my friendly neighbor racoons had already stolen them. Wednesday I went to get ny truck and down the boat ramp. I had one flat tire on my truck, and one on my trailor. Get that taken care off. Coming home from work Thursday, the idler pulley goes out on my truck. My last three or four fishing trips have been horrible.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Still beats being stuck at work, though!

(I hope...)

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Count your blessings brother, it could be worse. You have a boat, you have a home, you know some good flounder holes, you have running lights, you are able to go fishing...etc. Life is frustrating at times but it sure helps to take a deep breath and consider what we do have to be thankful for. I don't believe in hexes, just varying degrees of blessing. Okay so I'm an optimist! :) Tight lines!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
i think you might want to start searching for a banana...

sounds like it's one of those weeks huh??

zooker

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Did you take Lefty fishing?:eek: There are a couple of tricks for shaking followers though. Mostly they involve timing and shallow water. You'd better know what you are doing though or you might have worse luck.:( As far as things breaking; look at it like this. There ain't no better time to catch up on maintenance and repairs than memorial day weekend and the week of the fourth. Turn lemons into lemonade cause as much as you want to be out there catching them up it will be a fight for survival and a sure case of lost sanity. Once you get stressed out things have a tendancy to go south in a hurry. The weekend will pass quick enough and you'll be ready for some uninterrupted fishing. And oh yeah, I feel real sorry for ya!:p:D

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Bread Man---Looks like you may have a deep rooted spell here. I hope you are not carrying any of those aleins on the boat such as you have displayed in your atavar. I believe I would consider changing atavars-- if this doesn't work you may have to spend a week or so down in Haiti.:D

Reactions: Bread Man 1

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ok Breadman, I had it taken care of... you'll be fine now. Don't ask any questions, just beleive....:D

Reactions: Bread Man 1

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bread Man---Looks like you may have a deep rooted spell here. I hope you are not carrying any of those aleins on the boat such as you have displayed in your atavar. I believe I would consider changing atavars-- if this doesn't work you may have to spend a week or so down in Haiti.:D
I changed my avatar,trying to keep the faith.............

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Told ya! LOL;)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Looks a lot yummier than the sticks I usually catch!
Great job!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I agree with NCangler. You are a blessed man breadman! Mercy is new every morning and it is just like starting over from scratch. How awesome is that!

Mark

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes having a bad week but what i wouldnt do to catch some type of fish i hadnt caught before. like flounder. I caught a small mouth up in the mountains. Saw alot of trout couldnt getem to bite.

So after Im done catching my record catfish again.
I'll trying to fish at the ocean.. even if I c=have to walk down to the beack with a baitcaster and a bobber and some night crawlers haha. Ive been wanting to catch a sailfish, marlin. ( same fish?) striper both freshwate and salt.

Hmm. Im not working, time to go fishing haha

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sundrop and Fojo are now the official "witch doctors" of the site.:D I'm sure one of the two can give you advice to lead you in the right direction.:) Or say a few words and spill some trout or chicken blood on your behalf.:eek:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Sundrop,You got anything to keep the Gar's away?? Hear they are bad where I want to fish this weekend.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.