NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing Improving a bit Inshore-Keeper Flounder

So today I put the kayak back in, and went to yesterday's inshore spot. Although I only came away with one keeper today, 15 1/2" flounder to go w/yesterday's drum, I did learn a few things.

The heavier winds lately in the afternoons have made it tough to hold position. However, the wind is blowing baitfish and shrimp across points and oyster bars. Today the wind was blowing pretty hard toward small creek mouths, and these areas produced best for me. Caught several short flounder along with the keeper, lost one red.

Paddle tail jigs are producing the most interest from what I've seen, in "natural" colors. Today I threw a saltwater assassin paddle tail in new penny. It's pictured, and my go-to bait for flounder fishing. With procure added, it's just as good if not better than gulp (kinda got away from gulp the past few years) and doesn't lack action like the gulp shrimp. It also doesn't come back to me missing tails, legs, or other huge chunks because pinfish don't damage them as easily ;)...or take as much interest in them.. Not hating on gulp, but I get my money's worth from pro-cured baits with better action over gulp products.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everyone should fish with the bait they have confidence in , with that said , I LUV GULP!! FOR FLOUNDER
Very true, when you've got confidence in your bait good things will happen. And the flounder do eat up gulp, but I go through bags of the stuff feeding them to pinfish and it puts a hurting on my wallet!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.