NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My report is running a little late today. Had a 1/2 day trip, but, when I got back I worked the rest of the day until 11:00PM on a new windlass that I just put on the boat. It is a shame that you have to pay an arm and a leg for items like these then have to machine out parts to make them work right. Guess I should be thankful that the Lord gave me the talent to do these kind of things, and I am!!!!

Now, to the fishing. We left South Harbour Marina this morning on a 1/2 day trip with, Richard Turner, Cerrie Turner, Lisa Ramirez, Marro Ramirez, Gilberto Cruz, and Julueta Cruz. We dropped the Spanish Mackeral lines in at the Hot Hole where there were a few birds diving. After a few circles, it was evident that they either were not there or if they were, they were not biting.

I kept watching and saw nothing that represented a Spanish Mackeral or the bait fish that they would feed on. OK, time to go to plan "B". You don't have a lot of time to put it together on a 1/2 day, especially when the water is as dirty as it is right now. However, it is clearing up, the cleaner water is getting closer to the beach day by day.

I asked if they wanted go to some rocks I have about 8 miles out and see if we can get some bottom fish, they did, so we did!! As I pulled up to the rock ledge, the fish were stacked up. I dropped anchor and immediately they started hauling in some nice grey trout, some mixed sizes of Blues, and a few Black Bass. Even hooked up a few sharks.

Just as it started it stopped, the fish were there but the bite turned off. I checked my tide watch and sure enough, the tide had gone slack, dead low, and that usually means the bite will shut down until it turns again. But, only problem, when it turns today, we will be already back at the dock!! We still picked up 1/2 a cooler of fish, more than likely a whole lot more fish than we would have had if we kept on Spanish Fishing!!

Today, we were able to put the puzzle together. What's the saying, "Someday's you get the bear, and someday's the bear gets you". Thankfully, we have managed so far to stay one step ahead of the bear!!!

The arrival of the grey trout is a sure sign that the fall fishing is about to kick off. So, if you have been to busy to go fishing yet, you have just been too busy, it's time to go!!!

In closing this report, I would like to share a suprise with you that I recieved the other day. I was at dinner, and the phone rang, and I answered it as usual, but, on the other end was George Poveromo. Now George is the man at SALTWATER SPORTSMAN MAGAZINE that does articles for the magazine, he also has a Saltwater Fishing Show on ESPN, plus, he heads up the SALTWATER SEMINAR SCHOOL that travels the country each winter teaching people how to fish. I have been honored by being invited to join their seminar sessions this year and I have accepted their offer.

And with this invitation I must thank all the people that has made this possible, for without the blessings of the Lord, and the people that I have had the honor to take fishing, this would have never been possible. THANK YOU ALL for fishing with us and the comments that you put on our "Guestbook". As I have said before, "without all of you, what I do would be useless" THANKS AGAIN!!! Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt Butch and "Private Bodie" the fish dog says, Man, I sure love them trouts!!!! YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, Southport,NC (910)845-2004 www.yeahrightcharters.com

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hey Capt. Butch. Thanks for the continued fishing reports. And congratulations on the invitation to be a part of the Saltwater fishing school. I attended the one in New Bern last Spring and really enjoyed it. Be sure to tell all those folks about NCangler.com and AmericanAngler.US! ;)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Capt. Butch your motto must be "I'll have plenty of time to rest when I'm 6' under." At least you are getting recognized for it and private Bodie is eating good. I have a feeling that the seminar is still many, many fish away. Lets just pray for good weather in the meantime. I think you'll make a fine professor come Feb.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You Gott'a Love It!!!!

SINKERMAN,
Sometimes I question my own sanity!!! I am supposed to be getting ready for retirement at my age. But the truth is I have never done anything in my life that I love as much as taking people fishing. I just wish I had done it 40 years ago, it would have been a lot easier then. I look at it this way, there are lots of people that don't or can't physcially or mentally do what I am doing, so as long as I am physcially and mentally able, I am going to thank the LORD for giving me the ability do this and I will do it too my fullest ability to help and teach other fishermen to catch fish!! You have to have a true love for this and be willing to have very little time left for yourself any more to take it to a higher level. Now that I read this, maybe I am more crazy than I think, bottom line, I can't see me doing anything else right now!!! Does this make any sense at all, or, am I more crazy than I want to admit???????

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
You're not crazy, just addicted . I know how it is. I'm hopelessly addicted and got the DT shakes. The weather here was incredibly nice and I have been wanting to take off and go all day. Got a residential standby generator to install tommorow and some important stuff coming on Thurs. Nothing important for FRI. so Just maybe I'll have a long weekend this weekend barring any emergencies. Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.