NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster, please let me know if Im breaking any rules with this post!

My partner and I are going to Asheville this weekend. Shes a photographer and shooting a wedding Sunday afternoon which leaves me unsupervised and itching to catch a smallmouth bass (or maybe even a trout). Ill have the truck so driving up to an hour away is on the table. I will be sticking to spinning tackle (Ill have an ultra light/light/medium rods available to me. I will also bring my waders.

Im not asking for anyone's secret spot but I also dont want to just plop myself in the French Broad in the center of town as it will be filled with people (yuck) and I would like to avoid the crowds. I will truly be completely happy if I manage to catch a single smallmouth as it will be my first! Ive heard they fight hard and I know they look beautiful. Im open to hiking if needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious if you were able to wet a line and where did you go? I'm currently in Asheville and looking for spots on the French Broad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Plenty of access right now from the shore. Not much rain so wading is easy. I kayak fish the FB all the time but only up towards Marshall Hwy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts