NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the site & I think it's great! Can anyone tell me where to go to catch some bass, catfish, crappie, **** anything! Im from Wilson & I have to drive there everytime I wanna fish! I live in Greenville, sometimes I would just like to drive somewhere closer. I've been to river park north several times & not caught one... not even a bite! PLEASE HELP ME OUT! Also does anyone know where they sell live minnows/bait at around here? I remember fishing all my life as a child with my dad... we'd have about 4 poles w/ minnows on them & they would tear them up all day long! Im new to the fishing scene in the Greenville area. So any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Water access is at a premium around Greenville/Washington for an angler on foot. Seine Beach in Grimesland I think may still be closed for construction of the new bridge. Take 33 out of Greenville towards Grimesland and you'll find Ja-lyn's. Nice little place with all the baits you need including eels ( great for cats/stripers) usually. You can even hit the button on the door anytime after 4 am and they will come from the house to sell you what you need for those early morning anglers... Husband and Wife, nice folks. They may even be able to guide you to some spots....
Ja-Lyn Sport Shop

6819 Nc Highway 33 East,
Grimesland, NC 27837

(252) 752-2676

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Keep it coming!!! My old lady just got into fishing (sometimes) when i take the boat out by myself... & likes it a lot! But everytime i take her somewhere around here... Not a bite! It's so frustrating! This site rocks man!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
OH YEA WHERE CAN U GET UR FRESHWATER FISHING LICENSE AT AROUND HERE? DOES WALMART STILL DO THEM? hOW MUCH ARE THEY?? & ARE THERE DIFFERENT TYPES?
Fishing in this are you have to be careful, once you pass the hwy 17 bridge in washington downriver you are in "coastal waters" so you have to have the saltwater license as well as fresh. I just spend the $30 and get both so I never have to worry about it wherever I go. Walmart still sells them as well as Greenville Marine, Ja-Lyns, and all the tackle shops in Washington.(Awesome Outdoors, East side Bait, Warrens Sporting Goods)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe Contentnea Creek in Grifton? I've never been but have been aiming to get there and drop my Bass Hunter in at the wildlife ramp at the end of Main St.

Also in Winterville you aren't too far from Kinston, they have some public fishing there at Neuseway Nature Center, but I haven't tried it yet either.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Tmorton is on the money...I am hardly ever skunked in Contentnea. We fish the Contentnea a lot and there are some very nice Bass in there, not to mention Red Breast ...a fantistic pan fish. We fish this creek with yaks. Some of the best fishing is just past Tick Bite. We cover the Contentnea from Stantionsburg to the mouth about 3 miles down from Grifton.A really nice boat ramp is in Hookerton. places in this creek is very shallow and yaks are recommended ....Allen

·
Registered
207 Posts
Me and you can hook up sometime and go fishing. Either Contentnea, Tar, go out to washington to lake phelps.. The neuse in goldsboro has some NICE flat heads in it that im dying to catch. i havent made it out there yet but i will soon. Let me know what you want to catch. I went to pamlico this past weekend and caught about 30 flounder/trout/puppy drum and one croaker. That was fun.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'M A BASS GUY! BUT I LOVE EM ALL! I LIKE TO TRY NEW THINGS... TO BE HONEST I'VE ONLY FISHED FOR BASS,CRAPPIE,CATFISH STUFF LIKE THAT ALL MY LIFE. ONE OF MY BUDDIES LIVES DOWN IN HARKERS ISLAND & HE TOOK ME OUT ON HIS BOAT ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO, WE CAUGHT 42 BLUE FISH TROLLING WITH JIGS. IT WAS NON-STOPPED ACTION! & WAS SO FUN! THE BIGGEST ONE I CAUGHT WAS ALMOST 28"s! BUT THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I EVER FISHED ANYTHING BESIDES BASS & STUFF LIKE THAT.

I'D LIKE TO FIND SOME GOOD FISHING BUDDIES! DON'T HAVE THAT MANY AROUND HERE... THEY'D RATHER PARTY & ALL THAT ECU STUFF... SO THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT FISHING!

I THINK IM GONNA TRY OUT RIVER PARK NORTH AGAIN, ANY LAST TIPS??

·
Registered
207 Posts
dont bother with river park north dude. It sucks ***. Your best bet is to go on the tar or even do some shore fishing in a pond off of hw 264 west. After you pass the farmville water tower and go around the bend, look to your left (assuming youre coming from greenville) and you'll see a little cut out of trees and a pond behind it. You can get some nice bass in there dude. Ive fished it since i was a kid. Let me know and we can go fishing sometime soon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think we are talking about the one at Edwards may rd I have never been to that one, I looked it up on mapquest with an aerial view would love to fish it though may check it out this weekend.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have found alot of places to fish around Greenville just by using GoogleEarth and just scanning all over the area. Alot of hidden places to go. But not everything you see on the map is open. Alot of them are posted but its a good start. However, I can tell you that you cant go wrong in the Contentnea.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have found alot of places to fish around Greenville just by using GoogleEarth and just scanning all over the area. Alot of hidden places to go. But not everything you see on the map is open. Alot of them are posted but its a good start. However, I can tell you that you cant go wrong in the Contentnea.
I do the same thing man & most of the time I have the same problem! I live in winterville, so we should hook up one weekend & go try our luck. There are a LOT of ponds off 264 E & W!

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey marius.. i think i saw those ponds you were talking about by the faulkland exit. The one with the shelter and the one before that one... i might try it out today. If you ever drive by and see a gold chevy silverado parked on the side of the hw, its me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.