NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some research I came across a few areas of interest for freshwater fishing. I do enjoy surf fishing and pier fishing...but i miss my bass fishing. Looking at past posts, some of the recommendations are a couple years old. Does anyone have any information on mill creek? More specifically, phillips park. Has anyone fished there and if so, whats the turnout? Like i said i'm just looking for places to get out and fish and take the wife and kids too to have a nice day out. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Phillips park is on Chaney Creek. Mill Creek is the next one to the north (and oddly enough an extremely common name for creeks, there is another Mill Creek farther south on New River). There are a few ponds in the gamelands out in Sneads Ferry, you might give them a try.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Visit the tackle shot located in Pumpkin Center. He knows a good fresh water pond you can fish at. I believe it cost $4-$5 to fish it since its private, but apparently it has lots of fish and some nice bass and bluegill. Either way, the owner of that shop will tell you where to go. Tight lines my friend..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I was a little mislead because when I searched for mill creek, phillips park was one of the areas that came up. I will definately look more into the spots out by sneads ferry. If the weather holds up, I may even give them a shot today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.