NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any good lakes or ponds to fish in right now? I get bored since i havent found a job yet so if there any place i can jus pick and go to to catch a few fish? I live in Fayetteville near Jack Britt High School. Besides Ft Bragg and Lake Rim i dont know of any other place. and Lake Rim looks about dead...

thanks.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Don't let the looks fool ya on Lake Rim....plenty of ofther lakes not far from ya.....back towards Hope Mills.
..Lake Upchurch or better called Waldo's Beach.

Join the FAAN... www.fayettevilleanglers.com ....local group that lots of guys get together to just fish in and around
Fayetteville.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? i've tried a few times in lake rim bout a yr or two ago with no luck. so is the water level dropping in lake rim or is it just that the underwater grass and stuff just getting really tall? where is lake upchurch exactly and whats in it? im looking for bass and catfish but mainly bass. im trying to avoid going on post right now until i get a license. just looking for a spur of the moment type trip.
i didnt even know waldo's beach was used for fishing! wow lol

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Join us in the FAAN. We can help you out. Load of cats are stocked every year in Lake Rim. Do you shore fish or boat fish?

Reactions: fokaifishing670

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drove to what i THINK is Lake Upchurch but i didnt see any access to the lake. It just looked like the other side of Fantasy Lake? And it has houses along the whole side. Im not sure if it was Lake Upchurch but i drove up and down Lake Upchurch road and thats what i saw...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope my mistake. It was Lake upchurch i guess. i was just on the wrong side of it. i didnt go to waldos beach. i just drove all the way down lake upchurch road til it ended. oops. lol

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
If you don't mind a bit of a drive you can always try Rhodes Pond outside of Godwin. Straight up 301. Seen some really nice cats pulled out of there.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Upchurch Lake is accessed thru Waldo's Beach...they have a nice pier that goes out into the lake or use to...
and used to rent jonboats not sure about now days...

Sell minnows, crickets and worms and nice little bait and tackle shop right there...

Everything you need to fish and a place to fish...any pond, lake or river in your area will have bass
and bream at least....most larger lakes like Upchurch will have cats...

·
Registered
67 Posts
From Jack Britt Dirve towards Hope Mills turn left on Dudnle Road. About a mile on the right there is a pond with bass bream. Dundle Road pond is close to you.

Also there is a pond in Hoke County on the game land, the state has built a dock and improved the access.

Of course as close as you are to Hope Mills, I would suggest that you try RockFish Creek. I have had success just below the Dam at Hope Mills Pond. You can also access the creek from 301N Just past Tom Starling Rd on the right, there is a Dirt Road. I have had luck there as well.

I grew up on the Cape Fear River, it is practically a habit for me to fish the Cape Fear. Since you dont have a Boat, You can try the boat ramp, there is always a crowd there this time of year. Arnette Park is open During the Daytime with trails leading to the river. I see people fishing the Bank above and below Riverside in Fayetteville as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanx i drove back up there to see. yeaa the signs are still up for boat rentals $25 though ugh. i wish i knew what the current specs are on the lake. because i really dont wanna pay $5 to fish and end up getting skunked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Lefty C, I have been to dundle road pond alot. no luck everytime but i see people fishing there everytime i drive by. im literally around the corner from it. any suggestions on bait? i had always brought worms..
Where is the lake in hoke county? the longest drive id probably be willing to take is about 30 min. from jack britt high.
and by hope mills pond you mean the one they just drained, fix the dam, and refilled right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
YEs RockFish creek below the new Dam. I have seen some peole fishing in Hope Mills Lake but I wonder if the fish are big enough yet.

At Dundle Rd I have never caught any bass but crickets catch bream fairly well. Fish for Bream near the Dam by the tree.

I dont think the lake in Hoke would be as productive as exploring Rockfish Creek.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also there is a pond in Hoke County on the game land said:
The pond i think you are talking about is the Bill Cameron Pond. There are two ponds in there, one big with the dock and the other is small. the big one with the dock is drained because of spill way problems, at least it was three weeks ago.

Howard

P.S. As matter of fact the pic of my son you see is at the big Cameron pond. LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
I caught a 9lb. bass out of Dundle Pond about 3 years ago. It was mid-Spring and I just threw in a black worm on a Carolina Rig close to the group of bushes is closest to the road. I threw her back, so if she's still in there she's gotta be huge by now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.