NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After listening to fish tales all week, then watching the nasty weather over the weekend, today, which is an off day for me, decided to hit the HPCL. At first, couldn't get anyone to go, all the old standbys had other biz detaining them. Then Guffy decides we can go this afternoon, and since we have our organizational teach a kid to fish meeting at 530, it seemed like a good deal.
Then Matt decides his stuff can wait, so he and I are taking "first shift" this morning around 830.
Gonna be a long day for me, but it sure beats work....

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I have tried to tell him.

Nice job, Jerry. Thought about you guys while I was working today. I fished the wind-driven misty rain on Saturday afternoon, boat got soaked but I was dry thanks to good rain-gear; bagged 3 and lost one good one. Fished the usual places, saw a lot of fish on sonar that wouldn't bite... looked like they had pulled back to 8-10ft and were just sitting out the weather for the most part. I got 4 bites on the grass lines with senko's; some wacky, some weightless T-rigged. Nothing real big, 2lbs was biggest. The one I lost pulled hard but never saw it.

Glad you guys got on some fish despite the wind.

Reactions: oldkayaker

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Spent five hours on falls and we managed four fish, not counting the nice white perch. All on chatter baits the wind had us running trolling motor too fast for,plastics.

Reactions: Lace
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.