NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The woman is originally from Washington. Constantly expresses the longing to move back and be near her parents in about 3 years as we move into the next phases of life together. As most of you know Im a born and bred east coaster, Ive lived in NY and NC and am always up for living in a new place, learning new water, and treating life as an adventure. Id love some insight on what Im looking at for fishing culture out there. Her family is from the Western part, Very close to the Puget Sound so that and the backwaters will be my stomping grounds. Seems like a lot of bottom fishing for Halibut and cod and black sea bass and trolling for Salmon etc. Im used to tactics in the sound, inlets, oceans over here and Im just being curious and looking for wisdom so I can aid my research. Will i have access to tuna? Mahi? Do they run the Same style boats? Same Tackle? i know this is kind of out there but thanks for any help guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should be able to get one by the time we go if we even ever do. My job is in high demand.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Man Washington is a fisherman/hunters paradise...:) I scratched and clawed all the way back to Ft Bragg from Lewis, I had found my small piece of heaven. Lots of great fishing opportunities to be had form Puget Sound, to rivers, creeks and ponds/lakes. Most of the people I met fishing were more than happy to show you things and help you out.

I lived in a bad location...I had to leave a great big lake about 5K acreas, pass over the Nisqually River, past Puget Sound to get to work and then repeat going home. Some days I didn't make it home till late, but if I made it home early, I had my johnboat at the back door on the lake and would hit it up for some rainbows, crappie, yellow perch (raccoon perch), bass and others. Fish for them just like you do here.

Little learning curve to catching steelhead and salmon on the Puget Sound but easy to pick up.

Just remember, If you can see Mt Rainer its going to rain, if you can't see Mt Rainer its raining. Mt Rainer has snow on its peaks all year long.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My lady says for you guys to keep this going...your starting to sway me haha

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
If the day ends in Y there is a better chance of rain than not. Levenworth or Winachee is where I would target if I was heading back there. Hop skip over whites pass to get to the puget but youve got all the loveliness of moantain towns and fishing.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts