NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang.....I am up in Mebane visiting my Lady Friend, and her next door neighbor invited me to go fishing tomorrow...FRI....in Lake Cammack (in his johnboat, but PLEASE do not hold that against me since I have my Hobie Revo with me and may head out there by myself later on.....)

Would really appreciate any/all info on methods of fishing and types of baits or lures to use.....I have ALREADY done a Search on the full NCAngler website....and I found some good info, but much of it was 2008-2009 vintage info, which is probably still valid.

No special "target species" but I wanna catch some fish and dunno know what Steve usually aims for....??
Saw reports on good catfish and carp fishing, plus LMB, SMB and white bass, and also crappie.
Strange request, but I have never caught a pickerel of either species, or a bowfin either so it would be nice to get them off my target list!!
I have 2 spinning rigs plus my flyrod with me and 3 Freshwater tackleboxes that I have assembled with lots of F/W gear.......Any assistance would be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance....JohnYaksJax

·
Red X Angler
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Meenyt.....I kinda doubt it, but who knows?? It was on an older post about fishing in Lake Cammack.....so ????
JYJ

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Cammack has smallmouth?
That would be a NO in capital letters.....

John, you should be able to catch a pickerel in there.....use a spinnerbait 1/4 or 3/8 oz with a white and red skirt. fish shallow weeds. I used to always catch a few in the very end of the cove. go by the ramp . past the pier and to the back...it isn't far.
I grew up just down the road....good bass and white bass in there as well. might be tough this time of year though.

Reactions: papadave

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ive had good luck with crappie in the cove straight infront of the ramp, just using a 1/4 oz chartruse jig, also to the left at the split Ive had luck in the channel before you get to the brigde, mostly only crappie fished there but have picked up a few LMB using a #3 mepps.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Why would anyone hold it against you for fishing from a Jon boat ...... John?

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Red X Angler
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for asking, but I was wearing the old skunk stripe when we got back to the dock!! My Lady's next door neighbor invited me to go with him in his pretty nice aluminum john boat, and I forgot my tackle boxes in the rush to get my stuff to his home. He offered my access to his tackle tho. I did have some plastics...worms and flukes and 2 hard baits with me tho, and I got 3-4 bites...NOT strikes...so not an excuse....LOL!!

We got on the water about 8:30 AM and went to several places that were suggested to me on that thread. Steve lost a juvie LMB on the second jump on a dark crank bait and did get one about 14" in the boat on a willow leaf 1/4 oz spinnerbait wearing a white and chartreuse skirt.....Just like Rob pointed out in his post above here!!

We only put in about 2 1/2 hours on the water since he got a call into work to show a home he had listed.....
Never got my Hobie Revo wet except for all the rains!!
Am on my way back to JAX and stopped in CLT to see family and will head to JAX tomorrow....work calls on SAT and SUN....
Next trip....maybe???
John
PS: Thx to the input from all who replied!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts