NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently checked out Lake Crabtree for the first time. I drive on 40 almost everyday, and I have always wondered what that lake was and fortunately now I know. Now I want to know more about the fishing there. What spots are good to try? Boat docks or shore? Has anyone had success getting fish on their lines? What sort of baits should I try out? Any helpful information is welcome. Thank you!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Those pictures freak me out every time I see them.

You didn't use that barbie fishing pole in the one picture to catch that carp did you?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You didn't use that barbie fishing pole in the one picture to catch that carp did you?
Haha no it belonged to the couple standing behind me in that pic

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Yeah those carp are from crabtree. Crabtree also has lots of small to medium sized channel catfish.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
All those Carps are from Lake Crabtree?!?!
yup all those pics are from the dock at crabtree. Ive caught many more there I didn't take pics of. I've probably caught near 100 fish from there this year in the limited # of trips I have made (~10)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMPRESSIVE! If you are willing to reveal your secrets, I would love to know what sort of bait(s) you were using and gear.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
IMPRESSIVE! If you are willing to reveal your secrets, I would love to know what sort of bait(s) you were using and gear.
You are welcome to join me anytime, and I will show you exactly how to catch them and put you on some fish. In fact, I have a matching set of carp setups for sale in the classifieds area with everything you need to have to catch some fish, including hooks, sinkers, etc.

I also usually catch more catfish while carp fishing than people who are actually fishing for catfish LOL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I am finally planning to go fish there again, which will be the first time since November (when I caught about an 8-10lbs cat on chick liver).
Plan on targeting cat again and maybe large mouth. Has anyone been there in the past few weeks and if so what have you caught and how?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts