NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small bass hunter and iv been looking for a new place to fish thats not too far from linden. I usually fish at rhodes pond but i wanted to find a new location. I'v been thinking about going to lake rim. Any suggestions on a new fishing location or any comments about lake rim? --Thanks

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I've only been once. Some people say there are cats and crappie in there though. It's a good little ways to Lake rim from linden. I live near kelly myself.

On a side note, where do you get your bait when you go to Rhodes?? I've been going to the Erwin Fish box. Is there somewhere else?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my bait the night before at GanderMTN. Iv been looking for a bait shop closer to my house though. Where is the Erwin Fish Box? GanderMTN is quite a bit out of the way when fishing at Rhodes.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
It's on business 421 in erwin. After going through linden get on the road that goes to erwin. Stay on that road until you get to the Carlie C's IGA (there's a light there). Turn right. Follow that road until it dead ends and you are almost looking straight across from it. Turn right then make a quick left at the little building. Had an upholstery place right by it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Only thing I caught so far was a cold. Seems like a cold front moves through everytime I want to go fishing.

Glad you found the spot.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Another place you could try is the Cape Fear river. There is a boat ramp off of NC 42 at the Chatham/Lee county line. Calm water and more structure than you can shake a stick at. Also near the Ebenezer boat ramp at Jordan lake there is a fishing hole which isnt accessible from the lake. It is on the other side of Pea Ridge road, have heard of some fish being caught there.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Also near the Ebenezer boat ramp at Jordan lake there is a fishing hole which isnt accessible from the lake. It is on the other side of Pea Ridge road, have heard of some fish being caught there.
That'd be the Weaver Creek Public Fishing Area. The ramp there has pylons driven into it, so if you need much of a ramp, you'll have a hard time. I did see a guy out there with a jonboat once, so it's possible to get some boats in there. (Kayaks and canoes are great over there...)

I've heard folks describe that area as a no-motor zone, but I have not seen that posted or printed anywhere. The ramp has definitely been abandoned, though... (That chunk isn't big enough to run a 70-mph bass bullet anyway...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.