NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, there has been some chatter about getting a few folks together to get the yaks in the water. I am going to give up my secret spot to the whole crew. This will be a Jordan Lake/Haw River trip. If you are interested in going, I will be at the Wilsonville Store at the corner of 64 and Bear Creek Rd. at 1pm on 4/2. As you go down 64 FROM Apex towards Jordan, its on your left, kind of a brownish building with a little restuarant...etc.

They have live minnows..everything you need..right there. The Crappie bite should be on, and we might get into some of the Striper/Hybrids/White bass....spawning...in that area...

Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Hmm.. I don't get done with church until almost 1:30 (I supervise the kids programs, so I got checkout and cleanup details) but I sure would like to go out. How far did you say this spot was from the canoe ramp? How's the bank for hiking? mebbe I could hike over after I got done...
Lefty

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'd like to try out that spot, but I'll be down at the coast on Sunday. With any luck, eating catfish for lunch that was caught the night before. If the boat's outta the shop, Seabiscuit and I might try those catfish noodles we made a while back.

I think I'm going to take my boy there weekend after next, 4/14 or 4/15. I really want to see him on a school of crappie. We have a cub scout campout next weekend. This time of year we always seem to be working around his schedule.:rolleyes: Better be good to him now, though. Otherwise, who's gonna take care of me when I can't cast a pole and I'm wearing diapers again?:D

I'll post something when we get closer, maybe we can get a crowd together.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good morning to all!

I would love to go this week end, too bad that I will be working. I can't complain though I get 15 days off a month to fish. Well maybe next time you guy's get together I will be off. Best of luck to everyone and have a good week end.:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next time

Looks like a bad Sunday for it, we'll get one gong some time in the future.
Lefty, I have the same problem with church, will have the yak mounted and be leaving from there, what church to you attend? As far as hiking to the spot, you can fish in the river around the canoe launch, but it isnt the most accessible spot by foot. Later guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.