NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to NC last year, live in Tarboro but I’m in Greenville all the time and am looking for some spots to Kayak fish. I have heard there are creeks and swamps people access but I’ve had no luck finding them on Google earth plus that doesn’t show of its publicly accessible or not. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try searching for Tar River boat ramps...the river runs all the way up to and through Tarboro so there's gotta be access points for yaks and others. I haunt the lower Pamlico river and sound and off shore so I'm not a great reference. Having said this I know there have got to be some members who can act as a good resource for the information you're seeking!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I moved to NC last year, live in Tarboro but I’m in Greenville all the time and am looking for some spots to Kayak fish. I have heard there are creeks and swamps people access but I’ve had no luck finding them on Google earth plus that doesn’t show of its publicly accessible or not. Any help would be appreciated
There is a new kayak launch at the new Wildwood park, and the lake there has some good fish. I usually paddle there from Port Terminal (about 1.7 miles each way) to get to that little shallow lake, and it has some bass in it.

Haven't tried the new kayak launch, and might keep paddling up from Port Terminal, because the ramp down to it is about 75 yards long with a sharp U-turn, and the 'yaks I fish from are 55 and 70+ pounds (a bit much to carry that far, and the sharp turn would make using the dolly challenging).

There's also another good spot paddling downstream from Port Terminal, a little closer, where a spring feeds into the Tar and there's a water treatment plant by the Bradford Creek Golf Course. It's a very good spot for shad in the spring.

Let me know if you'd like to paddle together sometime.

·
Registered
593 Posts
New kayak launches in Washington—one at Tranters Creek on Clarks Neck Road, and the other at the Havens Garden Park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts