NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some more places to fish around hendersonville area, my wife and 6yr old are usually with me so something easy is the best. We usually fish at lake lure but this year we haven't had much luck, we've also tried lake powhatan ( at least 10 times with no fish) lake julian, the pond past the soccer fields in Asheville. I like catching bass but the two of them just want to catch fish no matter what kind. Any ideas of places close by we can try?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's how I found 2 of the ones we've tried, I've looked on the forum for almost a year before joining.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
You might also see if the small lake/pond at Blue Ridge Community College is open for fishing

Don't know about now but I saw some jumbo bluegill in there a few years ago

I would also try Fawn Lake at the DuPont State Forest.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I used to catch some decent LMB and Bream from Lake Tomahawk in Black Mountain, but I haven't been in years.

Darrell

Lake Tomahawk still has some decent bass and gets stocked with channel catfish now by the state.

There are also plenty of black crappie but the town enforces a 4 fish limit on bass/crappie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it natural bait at tomahawk? We fished at lake julia at dupont last year and caught some huge blue gill

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Natural bait only actually.

Some nice channel and bullhead catfish can be had on nightcrawlers.

Laughter Pond in Polk County is also stocked with catfish and may be closer to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
May have to try both of those this weekend, I don't know who to ask at brcc about fishing

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
My standbys for channel catfish are raw chicken livers and nightcrawlers.

I like to put chicken livers on a treble hook and nightcrawlers on a circle hook.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fished laughter pond this weekend my son caught 4 catfish, my wife caught 4 catfish and 2 bluegill and I caught 2 bluegill and 2 turtles. It was a pain trying to keep the turtles from eating the bait, as soon as you'd cast they'd be chasing it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts