NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I live in Lincolnton and was wondering where some good places to bank fish were in the area. I have been to the Hot Hole and State Park Lake but I'm looking for some more places around maybe something a little closer. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
welcome to the site jmiller. I don't know the area but I'm sure someone will. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Hey!

I'm on the other side of the lake. Welcome.

No answers... You named the spots I usually go to.

But from your area you can probably get to Lake Hickory in about the same amount of time. Might as well try there. There's city parks in Hickory with access. You might also want to look for posts on this site about Lookout shoals...It's some place on my agenda to try soon.

I'd love to find some smaller lakes/ponds. If you come up with any, please share!

Thanks, and good luck.

Reactions: jmiller112

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Welcome,

If you want to zip up 321 to Hickory, you can try Bud Geitner park. It's a nice small park with a seldom used fishing dock. Good for Catfish, bass, crappie etc. Here's a link.

City of Hickory: Locations & Facilities

For stripers, up by the dam at Rhodhiss has some shore access.

I also understand that the River Road exit on 321 before you get to I-40 has good catfishing in that river, which I believe is the South Fork.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey JMILLER,

I, myself, is an avid carp angler. There is one lake in Lincolnton (Carp & Catfish Country) that I used to fish years ago. I believe they have there 3 lakes. One Trophy lake (Brim, Bass ect.), a catfish lake and a carp lake. May want to look them up. Good luck

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Hey JMILLER,

I, myself, is an avid carp angler. There is one lake in Lincolnton (Carp & Catfish Country) that I used to fish years ago. I believe they have there 3 lakes. One Trophy lake (Brim, Bass ect.), a catfish lake and a carp lake. May want to look them up. Good luck
I went there not too long ago.. It's a pay lake ($10?). The carp are in a lower pond, the catfish/bass/bream are in an upper pond.

I went on an afternoon, maybe a dozen people there. The big action apparently occurs on Friday-Saturday nights, when people try to catch monster carp.

I didn't see any huge catfish, but the carp were big.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.